Monday 10 February 2014

Debbi Moore Designs challenge entry

I'm getting into making notebooks this year and am entering this one into Debbi Moore Designs' very first challenge. The theme of the challenge is Love and it runs until midnight on 14th February. You can see the entries so far and enter here.


 
I made the A5 notebook using the Bind-it-All and decorated it using papers and elements from Debbi Moore's Vintage Birds CD, finishing it off with gems and glossy accents.

The cage that the bird is in has been raised on 3D foam but stuck down firmly round the edges. I wanted it to be slightly domed but also to not have loose items that could get bent or ripped when the notebook is used or stashed away in my bag.

The plaque reads: 'Love can always set you free' and I toyed with the idea of having the cage door open but decided that it could get easily damaged that way as the notebook is going to be frequently handled.

Perhaps I'll do a framed picture version and have the cage door open....


4 comments:

  1. I love your notebook Liz very smart. I was hoping to join in the challenge but I don't have a blog. I am not sure how to link my card without one. Good Luck Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. You should be able to post a photo of your card to facebook and link it from there. If you right click on your photo once it's on your facebook timeline there should be an option to 'copy shortcut' and you can use that as your link. Hope that helps, Liz

      Delete
    2. Thanks will have to try that next time. Cardmaking is encouraging me to learn a lot more on the computer so hopefully I will get this sorted now. Very kind of you to give advice Lynne x

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. The Crafter's Companion challenge that my Clean and Simple post is about accepts entries posted to Crafter's Companion's Facebook page and then linked from there. Liz

      Delete